Sunday, October 31, 2010

National Guard

I was recently asked my position about our National Guard troops.
This is part of my answer.
The National Guard have a hugely important role in protecting our freedoms. During the past 2 years, I have worked as a consultant in DC, helping them the Department of Defense improve their efficiencies and effectiveness. The one message I hear repeatedly is that no one is sure how to define success in Afghanistan or Iraq. Subsequently, our fathers, uncles, brothers, and sons are dying without understanding what victory looks like.

Additionally, believe it or not we have 1.4 million active duty military personal of those, 560,000 (40%) have never been deployed to battle. Interestingly, I have many National Guard friends, who are not full time active soldiers, who have been deployed more than twice. Its my opinion, our guard forces have done enough especially considering that 560,000 (40%) have never been deployed. Its time to bring our heroes home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home