Making Time to Work Out
Not having enough time to work out is often a reason why many people can't/don't/won't workout. However, there are some relatively simple things you can do immediately to create pockets of time to squeeze a workout routine into, especially in the morning. The tips listed below are assuming you're going to work out in the morning.
Some things you can do to save to or create time to work out in the morning are:
- Write your daily goals for the day the night before (you do create a prioritized list of daily goals...don't you?). This will save you the time about having to try to organize your day in the morning and I guarantee you sleep better.
- Make a morning "to do" list for your children. Help them help themselves. You will be surprised how much they can accomplish on their own if they know exactly what is expected of them and how to do it.
- Stop hitting snooze. Who are you kidding? You're not really getting a few extra winks... you're just lying there wasting time when you could be working out.
- Use your coffee timer to automatically brew your morning coffee.
- Have your breakfast ready to go the night before (consider making a Shakeology drink the night before for breakfast).
- Prepare your lunch and your children's the night before. For yourself, you may consider having something like Shakeology or P90X protein bars for lunch.
- Lay out your work clothes and your children's the night before.
- Lay out your workout clothes the night before.
- Have your workout DVD, workout log, etc ready the night before.
- Lay out your weights or resistance bands the night before in the order that you will use them. This will reduce the time you spend looking for weights between routines. You may even consider buying a set of Bowflex Select dumbbells. Changing the weight of the dumbbells is easy and fast.
- Choose a spot to put your car keys or cell phone each night after work. This will save you the time of scrambling around looking for stuff. Choose a spot and make it a habit.
- Reduce TV Time and use that time to organize for the next day. Only watch the stuff you love. And never, ever turn the TV on in the morning. It will only distract you.
Individually, these tips may not appear to save you significant amounts of time. However, cumulatively they will save you at least 15 minutes and that's plenty of time to get a small workout completed and that's better than nothing.